Adult Summer Intensive Application
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
Those interested in participating in the Adult Summer Intensive should submit a video and written application form, along with the $20 non-refundable application fee. Applications are accepted beginning March 1st.
Applicants will be informed of admission decisions within two weeks of submitting their application.
ADULT SUMMER INTENSIVE AUDITION TIMELINE
- Applications open: March 1st, 2023
- $200 deposit due: Upon Acceptance
- $300 balance due: June 9th, 2023
- Summer Intensive Program dates: July 10-14, 2023
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Film your audition video and upload it to YouTube or other video hosting service.
- Fill out the written application. Be sure to include the link to your audition video!
- Adult Summer Intensive Application: Click Here.
- Pay your $20 application fee.
- Application Fee Payment: Click Here.
Be yourself! Let us see your personality. Begin with an introduction – tell us your name, where you live, and what circus skills you’re presenting.
- Mobility – shoulder overhead range of motion, center splits and splits on both sides, side bend, backbend, pike.
- Strength – hold plank for 10 seconds with the best form you can; hold hollow body for 10 seconds with the best form you can; pull-ups (as many as you can with good form; if you can’t do a pull-up, show us a hollow hang from a bar for 10 seconds with shoulders engaged); leg lifts or knee lifts hanging from a bar (toes to bar or toes as high as you can lift them).
- Focus Discipline – Show us your circus skills! Include 1.5 to 3 minutes of a continuous sequence in your primary discipline. This does not need to be a polished act – a series of skills is just fine! You may use footage from a group performance as long as we can clearly tell who you are; you may also record yourself in your training space.
- Secondary Disciplines – You may include up to 2 minutes of additional circus skills, dance, tumbling, or other movement.
Total video length should not exceed 7.5 minutes.
PROGRAM TUITION & PAYMENT
Adult Summer Intensive Program Tuition: $500.00
- A deposit of $200 is due upon acceptance to the program.
- Balance due by June 9th.
Some need-based financial assistance is available and can be discussed upon acceptance to the program.
- Before June 9th, refunds are available for students who choose to withdraw from the program.
- After June 9th, refunds will be given in extraordinary circumstances only, and at the discretion of Esh Circus Arts.