Last updated: November 27th, 2021
Our goal at Esh is always to keep the health and safety of our community at the forefront of our decision-making. As we navigate the evolving public health landscape, we seek to continue making and implementing policies that are in line with current scientific understanding, research, and guidance; and to respond to and be guided by the feedback and consensus of our community. Please feel free to contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Response Policies
For all adult programming:
- All students attending adult programming at Esh must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination before arriving at the studio.
- Per order of the City of Somerville, everyone ages 2 and older must wear a mask in all indoor public settings as of August 20th. This means masks are required for everyone while inside the studio.
- Maximum capacity in the studio during adult classes is about 30 students. Much of the time, total numbers will be lower than this.
- Some coaches may choose to offer students hands-on spotting to assist with certain skills; other coaches may not offer spotting. As always, coaches will ask for consent before touching or spotting a student, and students may always refuse. We value our strong consent culture at Esh!
- Equipment may be used multiple times during the day, and students might share equipment during classes.
For all youth programming:
- Beginning Monday January 3rd, all students ages 5 and older attending programming at Esh must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination before arriving at the studio.
- In alignment with state guidance, we will continue to require masks for all youth students regardless of vaccination status.
- Youth students may share classroom materials, including aerial apparatuses, during class time, in accordance with guidance issued by the state department of education.
- We will continue to avoid activities that require children to be in direct physical contact with one another, such as partner balancing or duo aerials.
- If your child has a close contact (at school or elsewhere) who tests positive for COVID-19, the student may return to classes at Esh under the following conditions:
- Your child is not showing any symptoms of illness
- At least 7 days have passed from the last known exposure
- The student has received a negative PCR test taken at least 5 days after the last known exposure
- In this case, “close contact” is defined as those who have been within 6 feet of the COVID-19 positive individual for at least 15 minutes.
- Youth students who are fully vaccinated and show Esh proof of vaccination may continue to attend classes at Esh following a COVID-19 exposure as long as they are showing no symptoms of illness and continue to receive negative tests.
General studio procedures:
- Mats will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of each day; mats that are visibly sweaty or dirty will be cleaned immediately after use.
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned daily.
- Hand sanitizer will remain available in several locations throughout the studio. All students are required to wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before each class and lesson.
- In order to prevent crowding in the lobby between classes, there will be at least 15 minutes between all classes.
- Our air filtration system will continue to run at all times, and the garage doors will be open when possible in order to increase ventilation and air flow in the studio space.
Over the coming weeks and months, we will continue to monitor the latest developments and research regarding this virus, and will update our protocols based on new information. We will continue to communicate with our community about policy changes. If you have questions, thoughts, or feedback, please feel free to get in touch any time at email@example.com.