Join us for the 2018 Advanced Studies Show!
Professional Preparatory Program
Aerial Fabric • Trapeze • Aerial Rope • Aerial Hoop • Aerial Straps • Partner Acrobatics • Hand Balancing • Contortion
The Professional Preparatory Program at Esh Circus Arts is designed to help dedicated circus students develop their technical, choreographic, and performance skills in their chosen dicipline.
Program focuses currently include aerial fabric, static trapeze, single point/dance trapeze, aerial rope, aerial hoop/lyra, aerial strap, partner acrobatics, hand balancing, and contortion.
- Provide a structured training program for circus students with professional performance aspirations
- Help students develop strength, flexibility, technical mastery, and performance skills in a supportive community
- Foster mentoring relationships between students and Esh coaches
- Pro-Prep Group Class (Sundays 9:30am-1:30pm)
A block of class time that includes training in physical theater, dance, tumbling, conditioning and flexibility.
- 60-Minute Private Lessons (Once per week)
2 lessons per month must be in student’s focus discipline.
2 lessons per month may be in disciplines of the student’s choice.
- Monthly workshops in a variety of topics, including injury prevention, nutrition, audition skills, business skills, and more.
- Residency training time to practice skills in a focused, small group environment.
- Access to multiple weekly Open Studio times for even more practice time.
In addition to the Program elements, students are required to register for at least one weekly group class each session in their chosen focus.
Students must also commit to at least 10 hours of self-directed training time each week.
Admission to the program is via video audition and in-person interview. New students are admitted quarterly to begin on Sept. 1st, Dec. 1st, March 1st and June 1st. Audition videos must be received at least one month before the desired start date. Email videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program tuition is $395 per month, and includes all program elements. There is a 3 month minimum commitment for the Pro Prep Program. Tuition is due monthly. The cost of weekly group session classes is not included in program tuition.
- Begin with an introduction. Tell us your name and age and a brief summary of your training background.
- Videos may be up to 10 minutes long and must include the following:
- Flexibility: Center splits, right/left splits, pike, side bending, back bending, and shoulders.
- Strength: Demonstrate the following with the best form you can - hollow body, plank position, pull-ups, toes-to-bar (straight arms and straight legs), push-ups, handstand (against a wall if needed), squat, no-leg rope climb.
- Focus discipline: Include at least 1.5 minutes of a continuous sequence in your primary discipline. You may use training video or performance video. If you are using footage from a group act, be sure we can clearly tell who you are. You may include additional footage of your focus discipline to showcase specific skills.
- Additional skills: Include any secondary circus or movement skills, including tumbling and dance.
- If you have questions about any of these requirements, contact email@example.com.